Christmas Nutmeg Logs with Vanilla Rum Icing!
Merry Christmas friends!!
‘Tis the season to bake ALL THE THINGS!! Are you surrounded by non-chocolate fans? Well, here’s a fantastic alternative for y’all!! These shortbread cookies are infused with nutmeg and rum, and the vanilla rum icing is SO delish!!! I love making these every Christmas, and they never disappoint!! 🎄💫 Here’s what you’ll need!
1c softened butter
2 Tbsp heavy cream
2c powdered sugar
1. Beat butter, vanilla, salt, rum, nutmeg in mixer bowl. Add in sugar, mix, then egg. Mix well.
2. While beating, slowly add in flour, mixing between additions.
3. Shape dough into long rolls, about 1/2“ wide, and 6” long. Cut into 2” logs and place on foiled baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes.
5. While cookies are baking, mix together ingredients for the icing.
6. Once cookies are done, allow them to cool completely before icing.
7. Frost the cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg & a touch of cinnamon. Place in fridge to set the icing.