Have you ever needed a warm, chocolate chip cookie so badly and tried a million different recipes, only to have them fall flat, or too hard & crunchy? The worst right? I like my chocolate chip cookies big, and chunky, and nice and soft!! I've tried so many recipes, some call for more butter than others, some have more brown sugar, some tell you to roll into balls, others say to simply drop onto a pan. Some say to grease a baking sheet, some say to use parchment paper or aluminum foil. I promise I've tried every single thing! I've gotten so frustrated when they turn out all wrong, but this recipe!! THIS one is the winner!! My daughter just turned 13 years old, and has found the same love I have for baking, and I'm so excited!! Because I'll come home to find her in the kitchen, and the aroma of sugar and butter envelopes me as I walk into the house!! Baking is the best!! So here ya go friends!! The most perfect chocolate chip cookie EVER!!!
This recipe is in the first volume of the Magnolia Table Cookbook by Joanna Gaines!! So if you already have the book, then YAY!!! If not, run and get it!! You definitely won't regret it!! This recipe turns out better than the Nestle Tollhouse recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag! I promise!! And now, all I hear is Phoebe saying "Nessslayyy Toolooooooze" on that episode of Friends! Haha!!
Here it is in the cookbook, on page 307. For those that don't have the cookbook, I've typed out the recipe for you to print at home. YAY!! Also, how adorable are my baking utensils? I have a whole aqua & rose gold set of whisks, slicers, peelers, can opener, and ice cream scoop! Then I have those pink & rose gold measuring cups! The measuring spoons are by the Pioneer Woman! They make baking even more fun!! Enjoy the best chocolate chip cookies ever, my friends!!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar on medium high speed until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs slowly, one at a time, and beat until blended. Add the vanilla and continue blending.
- Turn the mixer off and slowly add the flour mixture a little bit at a time to the bowl, and blend. Add a little more flour mixture, blend more. Until all flour is blended in.
- Turn mixer on high for a few seconds to pull dough together. It will be chunky.
- Add the chocolate chips and beat on high for 5 seconds to mix chips.
- Using a spoon, drop dough onto parchment paper. Don't roll into balls and don't flatten.
- Bake until lightly browned on top, about 10-11 minutes. Your oven may bake slower or faster, so keep a close eye on them!
- Cool on baking rack when baked. And Enjoy!!